Here is a beautiful aerial view of an old abandoned boat “La Grande Hermine” in Jordan’s Harbour along the QEW near Niagara Falls Ontario. This old ship was built in 1910 in Quebec and started out as a ferry along the St. Lawrence. It was also used as a cargo ship for many years. Later in its career it was converted to a floating restaurant. In 1991 it was sold and converted into a replica ship as the largest of 3 ships French Explorer Jacques Cartier sailed up the St. Lawrence River. The old ship came to Jordan’s Harbour in 1997 after a new owner had dreams of towing it closer to Niagara falls and once again converting to a floating restaurant or casino. The owner died before necessary funding or permits could be obtained. In 2003 arsonists set fire to the old tired ship, sealing its fate. It is still quite a popular attraction as many come to photograph the old abandoned ship. A well know landmark when travelling to and from Niagara Falls.